Welcome to the Salimpour Home Studio!
Welcome to our local studio. We look forward to seeing you on our dance floor soon.
Affectionately known as The Mothership, we are located at:
425 San Pablo Avenue, Albany, CA 94706
Ample parking is available on the streets in front and in back of the studio, and we are located about four blocks away from BART. View the FAQs for more details.
Delight your audiences with Abigail’s new lyrical and dramatic choreography to this classic composition. Bring a veil. All dancers welcome.
$15 drop in class
Suhaila shares her secrets of dancing with a live Arabic band, from entrance to final bow. Suhaila Format Level 1 required.
Click here for $60 early bird registration (must register by Oct 2 to redeem), or $35 drop in.
Learn the essential steps of the Jamila Salimpour Format from Suhaila Salimpour herself. Optional certification on Dec 28. Bring your finger cymbals. All dancers welcome.
Click here for $180 Early Bird Registration (must register by Oct 13th to redeem), or $35 drop in class
Recommended that students have at least a good working knowledge of JL1 material.
Click here for $30 early bird registration (must register by Oct 15 to redeem) or $35 drop in class.
Suhaila unveils a new choreography…but you’ll have to attend to find out what it is. All dancers welcome.
Click here for $45 early bird registration (must register by Nov 11th to redeem), or $50 drop in class.
Join Abigail for a workshop that will help you not only watch dance, but make dance! Bring a notebook. All dancers welcome.
Click here for $25 early bird registration (must register by Nov 28th to redeem) or $30 drop in class.
You asked for it, and you got it! Two Saturdays of folkloric, fusion, finger cymbals, and funk, just the way you like it. All dancers welcome.
Click here for $50 early bird registration (must register by Dec 2nd to redeem) , or $30 drop in class.
What all dancers should know about the Middle East. Bring your notebook and questions. All dancers welcome.
Click here for $25 early bird registration (must register by Dec 5th to redeem) or $30 drop in class.
• Water is allowed in the studio in closed-top containers only.
• No chewing gum or food allowed in the studio.
• Dress appropriately for exercise. No coin belts or beaded belts allowed.
• Dance shoes are allowed but must be used for dance only, no street shoes.
• Turn off your cell phone so it does not ring or buzz during class.
• Personal items must remain in the cubbies during class.
• If you need to leave early, tell the teacher before class.
• No talking during class.
• Bring a yoga mat and/or sweat towel if you need one.
With a L5 instructor: $95/hr for nonmembers, $85/hr for certification program members
With a L4 instructor: $85/hr for nonmembers, $75/hr for certification program members
With L3 or approved instructor: $75/hr for nonmembers, $65 for certification program members
Add $5 for each additional person per hour.
- 1 CEC for Salimpour technique weekly classes, regardless of length (includes 2 hour classes)
- 1 CEC per hour (Salimpour technique class 3 hours or longer)
- 2 CECS for private lessons on certification material and certification choreographies
See the “About Certification” page for more information. Click here.
Eight Week Rotation
Dance Movement: Plie
Dance Movement: Tendu
Dance Movement: Dégagé
SL3: Squares, Pyramids, & Vs
Dance Movement: Rond de Jambe
Dance Movement: Battement
SL2: Pyramids & Vs
SL3: Diamonds, Hexagons, & Octagons
Dance Movement: Passe
SL2-3: Figure Eights
Dance Movement: Arabesque
Dance Movement: Turns