About Skype Private Lessons
When you are a long-distance student, sometimes you need immediate feedback on your technique and choreography development. Video privates are a great solution for several topics:
- involved technique questions
- choreography questions and development
- performance feedback
- developing a detailed training plan
- preparation for dancing at night clubs and events
- costume guidance
Video private options, depending on the instructor, may include Skype, FaceTime, or Google Hangouts.
How does it work?
- Complete and submit the Video Lesson “Lesson Request” list.
- Email your Private Lesson Request to suhailainternational at gmail dot com.
- Staff will consult with Suhaila to select the best instructor for your question.
- The instructor will contact you to set up an appointment (pending payment).
- You pay for the lesson in advance by credit card.
- Once payment is confirmed, the lesson may proceed as scheduled.
Video Lesson Request List
- Your full name
- Your contact email
- Video Address (Skype, Facetime, Google Hangouts)
- Country & Time Zone
- Salimpour Certification Levels (if applicable)
- Reason for Private Lesson (be specific)
- Suggested days and times for private lesson
• Laptop, computer, or tablet (like an iPad or Kindle Fire) with Skype capability (camera to send and ability to receive and view incoming feed). (Or FaceTime or Google Hangouts.)
• A Skype account, and the Skype program on your chosen device. (Or FaceTime or Google Hangouts.)
• A tested space in which you can easily step back from the device so the instructor can see your full body and range of movement on the screen.
• A paypal account or credit card for payment.
- $95 for 60 minutes
- $143 for 90 minutes
- $190 for 120 minutes
- English is the standard language of the program.
- Remember that there is a slight delay in communication which means that the instructor-educator will not be able to drill or dance simultaneously.
- The job of the instructor is to make the most of your time and payment. We recommend you mitigate interruptions that may impact your lesson. Many students set up for their lesson in their home, so find an hour in which you won’t be interrupted by family, phone calls, texts, pets, etc.
- Have pen and paper ready. Privates/instructors may not be filmed or recorded, but students may take as many notes as they like.
- We strongly recommend you test your Skype (or FaceTime or Google Hangouts) set-up and “classroom viewing” in advance.
• If a student fails to cancel in time or doesn’t “show” for an appointment, the payment is forfeit.
• If an instructor fails to cancel in time or doesn’t “show” for an appointment, the student has the option to be refunded or apply the money toward online classes or workshops. Refunds must be requested within 5 business days of the no-show appointment; after 5 business days, the money will be applied toward online classes or workshops to be used within twelve months of the no-show appointment.
- 2 CECs: 60-90 minute lessons on program technique, choreography, and performance.
- 4 CECs: 120 minute lessons on program technique, choreography, and performance