In advance of the lesson, a dancer uploads a pre-recorded video to Dropbox or a playlist on Youtube or Vimeo for the instructor to view and evaluate.
- 10 minutes of material = 60 minute private
- 11-15 minutes of material = 90 minute private
The instructor spends the first 2/3 of the private independently evaluating the video in advance of talking to the student; this independent evaluation time is part of the private. The instructor prepares a brief outline/list for discussion. The outline is simply a guideline for discussion and not a formal review; the review will be given live in discussion. The outline/list will include the following:
- Salimpour level at which dancer is performing
- 3-8 elements the dancer is doing well or showing improvement upon.
- 3-8 elements the dancer can do to improve.
- A detailed evaluation checklist is used in cases where a student has scheduled a series of performance privates, and the instructor is working with the student at a more detailed level on a regular basis
For the remaining 20 minutes of a 60 minute private (or 30 minutes for a 90 minute private), the student and instructor conference by an agreed-upon method (Skype, Facetime, etc.) to discuss the evaluation.
Note that most students will have at least 1-2 Live Consultations without video before Video Review privates.