The Salimpour School is celebrating 70 years of sharing the art of belly dance with the world.
When Jamila Salimpour first started teaching in 1949, she had no idea she would become one of the leading figures in American belly dance.
Since then, the Salimpour School has expanded into an internationally-acclaimed educational institution, with its rigorous training and certification program.
To celebrate our platinum anniversary, we’re announcing our summer contest:
Just create a video no longer than 70 seconds long describing your goals and intentions for your dance studies in the Salimpour School, as well as how you’ll get there and why you want to reach them.
This Year’s Prizes
- Grand Prize: $450 credit toward any multi-day workshop in our Northern California location taking place between July 2020 – August 2021.
- Runner-Up: 6 months of online classes at salimpourschoolonline.com (a $270 value).
- Third Place: $100 credit for SalimpourSchoolOnline.com
- Create your 70-second video. It can be in one take or you can edit it. But it must be shorter than a minute and 10 seconds long.
- Post your video on Facebook. If you have Instagram and/or YouTube accounts, post there, too!
- Tag the Salimpour School of Belly Dance on Facebook.
- Include your name and where you are from (of course!).
- Use the hashtag #salimpour70th
- Email your links to email@example.com
- Submit by May 1, 2019.
The Fine Print: Terms and Conditions
All videos and blogs will be presented to an outside committee, and the committee will select one winner and two runners up. Entries submitted in ways other than those in the entry instructions may be eliminated. Winners will be announced in June 2019. Deadline for submission is May 1st.
You will retain all rights to any blog or video you submit—including ownership if applicable. If you enter the contest, you grant Suhaila International, LLC a royalty-free, nonexclusive right in perpetuity to use and display the video and blog on the Suhaila International, LLC website, on the Internet, and in Social Media.